As a person who is very detailed and organized, I find lesson plans very useful. There have been times when I have come to class without plans and it was probably the most stressful time ever. Lesson plans are a great road map/guide for the day/week. Not only does it provide with me a road map, it also helps me keep track with the materials that will be needed for the lesson.
Lesson Plans
To me, there are both pros and cons to lesson plans. The pros about lesson plans is that it keeps the teacher structured and organized and it allows the teacher to fully think about their plans before they teach the lessons. However, lesson plans can be restraining because it leaves no room for to be flex-able and it can create confusion when you have several classes to teach. Overall, lesson plans to me are necessary because it keeps the teacher thinking progressively and rigorously when planning to teach content. J Thompson
I am detail oriented, as well. Whenever we can find a way to reduce our classroom stress, let's do it!! Situations happen in the classroom that necessitate our having a backup plan. The lesson plan provides the guidelines and if we need to monitor and adjust-at least we have a starting point
ReplyDeleteI agree! I become more stressed if I'm not prepared with plans. List of materials is always helpful!!!
ReplyDeleteI am also very detailed in lesson planning. I normally write out step by step what I am going to do and what is going to be said so I never forget.
ReplyDelete