My thoughts on lessons plans are not as extensive as they are for most people's being that this is my first year teaching. However, I am somewhat terrified of them. Planning is always good. Plannings allow you to stay on task. I do believe that in planning, there should be room for movement as things may change day to day. As far as planning specifically with LECHS, I am nervous because it seem to be a lot and I want to make sure that I touch on each area that is included in the planning template.
As a person who is very detailed and organized, I find lesson plans very useful. There have been times when I have come to class without plans and it was probably the most stressful time ever. Lesson plans are a great road map/guide for the day/week. Not only does it provide with me a road map, it also helps me keep track with the materials that will be needed for the lesson.
I agree, that plans have to be adjustable because things do change, daily. I don't want you to be afraid of lesson planning because it's just like a car, you ultimately control it. Additionally, in my experience, things do change on a daily lesson based on what you get through and what has to be shelved for the next day. What I do in those times is change my agenda and keep my lessons the same, planning the finish all goals by week's end.
ReplyDelete:) Thanks for your feedback and encouragement. You are too kind.
DeleteI agree that monitoring and adjusting is necessary throughout the course of the year.
ReplyDelete